PREP TO SAVE - Tips from YOUR SIOUX FALLS MOVING COMPANY
GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND
- We can set up storage in Sioux Falls.
- We can supply runners with advanced notice.
- We can supply felt pads for furniture on wood floors with advanced notice.
- We will meet with you and give you an in-home consultation.
- We can haul stuff to the dump / furniture mission / Goodwill.
- It’s worth the investment in plastic floor covering. It will protect the floors on moving day.
No need to shampoo the carpet in a house you’re moving out of!
- If all else fails, let us pack for you. Our professional, experienced packing crew will be happy to set an appointment with you.
MONEY-SAVING IDEAS FOR YOU
- Make sure glass shelves & table tops are pre-wrapped prior to your move.
- Have lamp shades off of lamps and box up lamps and shades.
- Have dressers emptied and the contents packed.
- Take pictures off the wall and wrap them with shrink wrap.
- Have bedroom sets taken apart.
- Have all boxes in the garage ready to load.
- Make sure all boxes have lids and be taped shut.
THINGS YOU SHOULD DO
- Have someone at “move out” and “move in” locations directing your belongings.
- Don’t forget to unhook your electronics and label and properly pack your cables.
- Keep driveways and sidewalks clean as possible (snow & mud). There’s less risk for injury or damaging furniture.
This also helps keep floors clean inside.
- Be sure to empty the contents of your refrigerator, dishwasher, and freezer.
- Unhook and drain appliances. We cannot disconnect or reconnect any gas appliance or hardwired electrical appliance.
Upon request, we can also disconnect washers and dryers. Due to insurance rules, we cannot reconnect these appliances.
- We cannot transport flammable liquids, firearms, or explosives. Any type of fuel tank must be emptied before it can be moved.
- Place packed boxes and loose items, such as items too large to fit in a box, in the garage or near the door they will be loaded from.
- Movin’ On Out, Sioux Falls moving company cannot take apart or reassemble any workout equipment.